Skip to main content

My God


     When I was faulty, I found the Rock of Ages. I desperately needed to be redeemed, so You became my Redeemer. I was a peasant, but You are the King of kings. I was hungry, but you are the Bread of Heaven. I was thirsty, and You said, “Drink of the Living Water.”

     I was a nobody, but now I am a sister of the Son of God. When I am weak, I can know that I have a Sure Foundation to cling to. I was a lost sheep; You are my Good Shepherd. Although I am just another face in a crowd of thousands, You are the Fairest of Ten Thousand.

     I am in need of rescuing; You are my Savior. I can’t communicate; You are the Mediator. I need someone to stand in the gap; You are my Advocate. Although I had a beginning, I shall have no end, for You are the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, the Eternal One.

     I am rejected by the world because I follow the build on the Stone the Builders Rejected. When I need wise advice, You are my Wonderful Counselor. I sin, but You are the Friend of Sinners. I constantly get sick, physically, emotionally, and spiritually; no matter, for You are the Great Physician.

     I am lowly, but I adore the Anointed One. My heart was broken, but You are the Healer of Broken Hearts. I need a gentle, listening friend, and You say, “I am the Lamb of God.” I feel disoriented most of the time, but I run to the Prince of Peace. I had no hope, yet You are the Blessed Hope.

     I am deep in sin, but You are my Atonement. I need a safe place to hide, and I have discovered the only Mighty Fortress. I was unprotected, but now I have a Shelter. I was headed toward destruction, not Heaven, but I have entered through the Narrow Gate.

     I am ruthless, strict, full of evil, but You are the Lord of Grace. When I am in despair, I remember the God of All Comfort and run to His arms. I was dead until I loved the Word of Life. I was unclean and horrid in this world before I glimpsed the Rose of Sharon.

     I was low and forlorn, but then you whispered, “I am the Lily of the Valley.” All was dark before I eyed the Bright and Morning Star. Althought I am but dust, You are the Glorious Lord, so I shall seek to glorify You. I have no one with me except Immanuel, “God with us.”

     I am built upon the Chief Cornerstone! I am created by the Creator! The Ancient of Days gives each of my days new purpose. When I am faithless, You are still the Author and Finisher of my Faith. I am human, so You became the Son of Man. My strength is sapped, but I push on because I serve Almighty God.

     He had proven time and again that when there is no joy, no hope, no life, He is the Resurrection and the Life. Truly, there is no other way to Heaven than the Way, the Truth, the Life, the Everlasting Father, the Captain of the Lord’s Army.

     Shall I not seek to serve, love, and glorify the Holy One?

     There is no one like my God!

~Madeline

Comments

  1. I love this! It's being filed in my "DO NOT DELETE" folder so I can access it always. In fact, if it will fit, I am thinking about printing and framing it. Thank you for sharing your wonderful writing talent. God is good. All the time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! I'm glad you enjoyed it. All the glory to Him!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I cherish each and every comment and usually respond within a day or two. ~Madeline

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

How Old Are You?