Skip to main content

The Grand Reveal of My New Bedroom!

      Welcome to my new room. It's cozy, functional, and pretty. I clearly love yellow on a white background.
 

     This is my cozy bed. My mom described it as a cloud, and truly, sleeping under that duvet is like sleeping in a cloud.

     I love to read, sleep, and spend time with God here. The side table is a nice addition since I went without one for many years.


     I love to sit at my desk and write, study, or read. In the corner, you see the pouf I wanted for forever. It's a dream piece, and I love perching there to chat with friends, read, or tie my shoes.

     As you can see, I have three places I love to read. Okay, maybe I just read everywhere. (I do.)

 
     Here is the one place I don't read: my closet. Now that would be a squeeze! I have a rainbow of books on my top shelf.
 

 
     Y'all know how I LOVE my rainbow books. We've had them in the study before, but this is my personal collection. It's a simple, ten-minute-or-less project that you can do to instantly add some WOW to your bookshelves.

     Now that you have seen the pretty pictures, here is a blah! before picture.


     That's the corner where my pouf is now. Y'all, the ONLY thing in this room was the desk. Literally. That's it.


     My incredible mom (who had never painted a room in her life) painted my room this beautiful white, Snowcap White by Valspar, while I was out of town. It took her four days of constant labor, but I am very grateful. As you can see, it wasn't a very lovely color to begin with.


 
     I had my eye on this light fixture when we were selling house No. 1, and it's such a lovely touch.
 
 
     And for the grand finale, my finished gallery wall.
 
Sources:
Sheets ~ Pine Cone Hill twin hemstitch sheet set
Duvet ~ Bed, Bath, and Beyond
Pillows on bed ~ Caitlin Wilson
Pillow Pet Sam ~ gifted
Side table ~ West Elm Martini side table
Alarm clock ~ West Elm
Pouf ~ Lulu & Georgia
Pillow on pouf ~ gifted
Bunny Sybil ~ Jellycat
Desk ~ West Elm Parson's desk
Pillow at desk ~ Bad, Bath, and Beyond
Lamp ~ PB Teen
Lady Guinevere ~ Joss & Main
Pencil can ~ West Elm candle holder
Light fixture ~ Home Depot
Gallery wall pieces ~ to be shared in another post
 
Pieces to buy:
Chair
 
     I have my eye on this one...
 
 
My favorite part of the room:
It's my space; therefore I get to decorate it however I want.
 
The room feels:
Clean, pretty, sophisticated, bright
 
     Thanks for letting me share. My bedroom is farthest along (décor-wise) compared to other rooms in the house.
 
~Madeline

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! I cherish each and every comment and usually respond within a day or two. ~Madeline

You May Also Like...

6 Ways to Avoid the Endless Text Conversation

Trays

How Old Are You?